Sunday, February 24, 2013

Let the Track Season Begin!

Seventh grade seems to be the beginning of a lot of firsts for Isaac. Basketball being one and jr. high dances another. Although he didn't go to any. We've strongly encouraged him to go to the dances just to socialize and hang out with friends but I digress ...

Track is another first for Isaac this year. Running is not really a first for Isaac though. He's done races with Lalon and I in the past, but his real running streak started this past fall with Lalon. Sometimes they run to the gym (a mile away), swim a few thousand yards and run home. Sometimes they do long runs. So far Isaac is up to about 6 miles, so when he said he signed up for track to run the two-miler we cheered!! Pfft... two miles has nothin' on him! 

Friday was their first meet. Though he is all smiles in the picture below, his little tummy was the popular spot for butterflies doing a jig and a foxtrot or two! I did warn him about nerves but I also said it was a good thing because it makes you run with a little more ease.




He ran very well and gave us a big smile and wave with each lap. I'm just proud of him for getting out there and doing it without us prodding him along.

Watching all the runners makes me one jealous mama. I am looking forward to getting back to the sweat, the pain, and all the stuff that makes running "fun"!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I just spent an hour catching up on your blog. It made me miss you guys so much! I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well, despite the scare, and you really need to post a pic of your prego self. I can't believe how big your kids are. Isaac looks way too much like a teenager! So excited for your upcoming adventures. Your move with the little babe will go smoothly I'm sure. Good luck!